Here are a few highlights of the work you completed this week. Book writing, book reports, hieroglyphics, pyramid maths, Melvin the Mummy Pictures and our Morning Meetings. Well done!
This may be of interest to some parents and pupils.
Thanks to Luke and David for emailing me all your news! I look forward to hearing from everybody. Reminder that your current jobs are to:
1: Log into your new email address and send me an email
2. Log into your email address, click on the 9 dots in the top right corner and click on Classroom. This will bring you to the Birch Online Classroom.
Well done to Luke who has listened to an audio book twice this week! If anyone else would like to join, David Walliams is reading a short story everyday at 11am. Just click www.worldofdavidwalliams.com/
Everyone in the Birch class now has their very own email address. The details have been sent to your parents. I'd love to get an email from all the Birch class, telling me their news!
Lots of authors are reading their books online..check to see if there is any author you would like to listen to! Oliver Jeffers is a big hit in our house.
I hope that you and your families are keeping safe and well. It is so important that everybody tries to complete some reading everyday so I have compiled a few resources that might help you achieve this.
1. Real books! Hopefully you have a stash at home that the boys might enjoy reading.
2. Ebooks and audio books: It's now possible to join the library online & use @BorrowBox straight away!
Just go to librariesireland.ie/join, complete the registration, set a PIN and you'll be able to log in to Borrowbox with those details to download eBooks and audiobooks
3. www.oxfordowl.co.uk. This ebook library has over 250 books in it and offers free access to teachers and parents once you create an account. They also have some vocabulary and comprehension activities for most of the books.
3. https://www.getepic.com/students. This is also an online library. For struggling readers there is a Read to Me feature which might be helpful. I have set up a class code for you to login with : see image below.
I hope some of these resources might be helpful to you. Feel free to send me on some pictures of you enjoying some stories together!